The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a flagship continental Youth Leadership program that recruits train a deploys young African professionals from all 55 AU Member States to serve as professional volunteers for a period of 12 months. AU-YVC promotes volunteerism to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy, programs and initiatives towards the realization of AU Agenda 2063 – ‘The Africa We Want’.
The African Union Commission will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment, training and deployment.
African Union Youth Volunteers are entitled to the following:
Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment.
A modest monthly stipend.
Health Insurance cover.
AU Service Passport.
Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve (12) Months service.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years;
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
4. Available in 2020/21 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one-year professional work experience.
16th August 2020
For more information, click here