The application for the 2020-2021 Obama Foundation Scholars Program is now open.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world.
• Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
• Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
• Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
• Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
• Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
• Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
• A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
• All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
• Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program
• Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
• Leadership development programming led by the Obama Foundation that will help Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home