The Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund® (IIE-SRF) is the only global program that arranges and funds fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at partnering higher education institutions worldwide. At the heart of IIE-SRF is the idea that each scholar we support is a beacon of hope in our world.
Building upon IIE's century-long legacy of assisting students and scholars under threat, IIE-SRF has since 2002 supported 831 scholars from 59 countries in partnership with 409 host institutions in 46 countries.
Preference is given to scholars who:
• hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field and have significant teaching and/or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
• have an established record of published research;
• demonstrate superior academic accomplishment or promise;
• are facing or have recently fled from immediate, targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
• will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
The IIE-SRF fellowship award includes a grant of up to US$25,000, along with individual health insurance, to support a visiting academic appointment of up to one year (renewable for a second year). The final fellowship amount is dependent upon several factors, including the location of the host institution, the cost of living, and the value of any additional contributions from the host institution of other source(s).
Deadline is 30 September 2019
For more information, click here