With this visa, You can stay in the UK for up to:
5 years and 4 months if you apply outside the UK
5 years if you apply inside the UK
You can choose how long you want to apply for, up to the maximum time allowed.
You only have to pay the healthcare surcharge for the amount of time you choose to stay.
You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years.
You can apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for: 3 years with an exceptional talent visa or 5 years with an exceptional promise visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if you work in a qualifying field and have been endorsed as:
• a recognised leader (exceptional talent)
• an emerging leader (exceptional promise)
Find out if the field you work in qualifies.
You must also be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
There are 2,000 places available under this visa category between 6 April to 5 April of the following year.
To get a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa, you need to apply to be endorsed as a leader (exceptional talent) or emerging leader (exceptional promise).
Your application will be reviewed by an organisation that’s related to your qualifying field, called a ‘designated competent body’.
The designated competent bodies are:
• The Royal Society, for science and medicine
• The Royal Academy of Engineering, for engineering
• The British Academy, for humanities
• Tech Nation, for digital technology
• Arts Council England, for arts and culture
If your qualifying field is fashion, architecture or film and television, Arts Council England will pass on your application for review to:
• British Fashion Council, for fashion
• Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), for architecture
• Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (PACT), for film and television
For more information, click here