Applications are invited from Nigerian citizens who wish to undertake a 3-year full-time PhD course in the area of demographic ageing, health ageing, gerontology, and elderly care management in Nigeria. This scholarship is supported by a collaborative research initiative between the University of West London (UWL), UK, and the Federal Ministry of Health of Nigeria in the context of the HEPIQ-C project. The candidate will be expected to enrol as a UWL research student in January 2020 and will be based in the UK for the full duration of the research.
PhD fee waiver at the international rate
Tax-free stipend of €15,000 Per annum
1. A good first degree (first or upper second class) in the field of health or social sciences;
2. A Masters degree (MA, MSc, MBA or MRes) with merit or distinction;
3. An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 6.5;
4. To be a Nigerian citizen;
5. To have a strong commitment to improving Nigerian health and well being both during and after the PhD.
How to Apply
To apply, you need to submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org using the heading "PhD scholarship in Health Ageing:
International student application form;
Research proposal in the region of 1000-1500 words;
A sample of any publications;
A personal statement which explains why you are interest in the scholarship
Transcript of your highest qualification;
Evidence of your IELTS score.
Deadline is 31st October, 2019
For further information, please contact:
Professor Hafiz Khan, Professor of Public Health and Statistics, The Graduate School, University of West London, UK, email: email@example.com.
Dr Saidu Ahmed Dumbulwa, the National Project Co-ordinator for HEPIQ-C, Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja, Nigeria, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.