This scholarship has been created in recognition of Diana Walford and the dedication she has shown to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) throughout her term on Council. It is intended to support an excellent candidate who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in 2020-21.
The scholarship will cover:
• 2020-21 tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees;
• a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,175.00; and
• an MSc summer project allowance of GBP 2,000.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
• be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
• intend to return to a low to middle income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
• confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
• meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system); and hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
• hold an offer of admission for 2020-21 from LSHTM for one of the eligible MSc programmes of study (please see application notes below for eligible courses).
The selection panel awarding this highly competitive scholarship will consider applicants’ experience and qualifications and potential, looking for those with the greatest potential to accelerate in their career and make significant contributions to public and global health, and/or health-related research (following a year’s study at LSHTM).
Deadline is12 February 2020 For more information, click here