ACI is the American Concrete Institute. Based on essays, submitted data, and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select scholarship and fellowship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
Important Information for Fellowship Applications
▪ ACI Foundation Fellowships can be awarded to international students; however, you must attend a U.S. or Canadian university during the award year.
▪ Some of the Fellowships expect the awardee to complete a 10- to 12-week internship the summer prior to beginning the award year.
▪ Those applicants chosen as a finalist for an ACI Foundation Fellowship will be notified by February 4, 2020 and must be available to attend an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at the ACI Spring Convention. ACI Foundation will pay for the flight, hotel, registration, and will include a stipend.
▪ All applicants must be proficient in the English language. If English is not your native language, a written statement must be attached to this application attesting this proficiency.
▪ The educational stipend is paid in two equal installments over the course of one year directly to the student to cover expenses related to tuition, room and board, books, student fees, etc. Receipt of stipends is contingent upon attendance at scheduled ACI Conventions during the award year.
▪ Fellowship awardees are expected to submit a written report near the end of their fellowship period describing the value of the Fellowship to their development and to their preparation for their chosen career after graduation.
Important Information for Scholarship Applications
▪ ACI Foundation Scholarships can be awarded internationally.
▪ To be eligible for an ACI Foundation Graduate Scholarship, you must be a full-time student, in at least your first or second year of graduate study, during the award year.
▪ To be eligible for the undergraduate scholarship, the applicant must be a full-time undergraduate at the time of applying for and during the entire award year.
▪ The scholarship cash stipend is paid in two equal installments over one year to the financial aid office of the institution where the study program will be pursued. These funds will then be deposited into the recipient’s university account.
Deadline is 1st November, 2019
For more information, click here