Creating opportunities that can change lives, we established the British Council IELTS Award in order to assist high-calibre individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their careers and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies. The award will enable successful applicants to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English-taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Benefit - The British Council IELTS Award is worth between £3,000 up to £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution chosen by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual's selected course. If the tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, the remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up. The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
Eligibility - be aged 18 years
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2021 and 30 June 2022 issued by the British Council in Germany
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme taught in English at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list.).
- The tuition fees of the programme of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organization Deadline June 30
For more information, click here.