This need-and-merit-based award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
▪ You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
▪ You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
▪ You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
▪ You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
▪ You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
▪ You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
15 December 2020
For more information, click here