The total value of the Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa scholarship will be at least £20,000. Tuition fees will be deducted from this amount and any remainder may be used towards maintenance.
In addition, an accommodation scholarship will be provided by Friends of International Students’ House (FISH) for the student to live at International Students’ House (ISH) in central London plus a food scholarship at ISH. The scholarship recipient must reside at International Student House during the whole of your course. ISH is an independent educational charity that runs a large student hostel near the School, together with social facilities for international students in London. It has a close association with the University of London. You should also be aware that in return for the residential scholarship, ISH expects their scholarship students to play an active role in the life of ISH. In addition, you may be asked to work on a voluntary basis within the House for a few hours each month.
• Full-time MA African Studies
• Full-time MA Comparative Literature
• Full-time MA Translation (in African Languages)
• This award is for a student with a particular interest in African Literature with the aim to support a new generation of African female writers
• Part-time programmes are not eligible
• New applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2020)
• Open to a black, female student who is ordinarily resident in Africa.
• The award is for a student taking an MA in African Studies, MA Comparative Literature or MA Translation (in African Languages) at SOAS University of London. This award is for a student with a particular interest in African Literature with the aim to support a new generation of African female writers.
• Applicants must hold an offer to purpose one of the eligible degree programme at SOAS by the scholarships deadline.
• Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1st June 2020. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible. Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer to see if you are eligible for Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
Deadline: 20 February 2020
For more information, click here