The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Pretoria (UP) for full-time postgraduate study is open to students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree and are residents or citizens of an African country. This Program targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged, young people in Africa who will go back to contribute to the transformation of their countries. Applicants should not already be in possession of a Masters Degree/ Qualification.
Full tuition fees
Accommodation in a UP residence
Books and printed materials
Cost of visa application for the duration of the study period.
● Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
● Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
● Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc.
● Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
● Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
October 31st 2021
For more information, click here
Hey, Scholarship Hopeful! Securing scholarships can be very competitive, but through our signature program the Graduate School Application Bootcamp, we will coach you on how to submit applications that cannot be ignored and improve your chances of securing the most competitive scholarships around the world.
Click here to know more.