The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) in conjunction with LEAP Africa is pleased to announce the NESG Bridge Fellowship. The NESG Bridge Fellowship is a merit-based fellowship jointly designed and administered by the NESG, a private sector Think-Tank and Policy Advocacy Group, and LEAP Africa, a youth-leadership development non-profit organization.
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is designed to inspire and equip a new generation of young visionary Nigerian leaders, with the skills to carry out policy-oriented research and advocacy for national transformation. Selected participants will undergo a rigorous and engaging capacity development process where they will contribute to knowledge production and policy at the national level.
Selected applicants will be enrolled in an 18-month fellowship during which they will develop leadership, research and policy engagement skills, and competencies; participate in policy research and advocacy work, as well as implement social impact projects.
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is open to young Nigerians who meet the following criteria:
• Are between the ages of 25 and 40 on or before the application deadline, although exceptional applicants ages 20-24 will be considered.
• Are Nigerian citizens who are permanent residents within the country.
• Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the NESG or LEAP Africa.
• They are able to undergo rigorous research training for a period of 18 months.
• Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
• Have demonstrated a consistent interest in research and public policy, community development, social work, business and/or social entrepreneurship
Deadline is 25 October 2019
For more information, click here