The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
• tuition fees
• tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
20-25 scholarships will be available for 2020-2021, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2020 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before 1 December; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s programme.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
• Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class:
• an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
• Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
• Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands;
• Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2020. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity;
• The international master’s programme at Utrecht University is not a Distance Learning/Online Programme;
• Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Deadline is 31 January 2020 (23:59 CET)
For more information, click here