Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program.
Stipend for research and stay
Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo)
Lump sum on arrival
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.
● Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan before application.
● Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
● Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
● Applicants must have sufficient English or Japanese language ability.
● Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
● Applicants must have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure and should contribute to the development of their own country.
30th June 2023
Click here for more details.